Acceptance of Terms
YOU SHALL ALSO BE SUBJECT TO ANY AND ALL POSTED AGREEMENTS, GUIDELINES OR RULES APPLICABLE TO THE SITE AND SERVICES, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY INCOPORATED BY REFERENCE IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Modifications to the Site and to the Terms and Conditions
J4G reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue on a temporary or permanent basis the operation of this Site and/or any information, products and/or services available on this Site without notice.
J4G also reserves the right at any time to modify these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions to your use of the Site. Such modifications will be made on the applicable Site pages. It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions and any other notices on the Site on a regular basis to identify any such modifications. Your continued use of the Site serves as your acknowledgement and agreement to observe the applicable terms and conditions. J4G does not have any obligation to notify you of any changes made to the terms and conditions of this Site.
Rights, Licenses and Restrictions on Use
No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that we will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Site or Services.
User Content and Conduct
- use the Sites and Services in any manner that violates any relevant law or that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party’s rights, including, but not limited to, transmitting any Content that may infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, sell, re-sell or exploit any Content or the Sites and Services for any commercial, educational, or any other non-personal purpose or any for any purpose unrelated to your personal enjoyment or purchasing decisions;
- post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites and Services or any activities conducted on the Sites and Services;
- harass, threaten, intimidate, impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person, falsify your contact or other information, misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with J4G, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a review or rating or of the status of your J4G membership;
- post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- knowingly provide or submit false or misleading information;
- use the Sites and Services if you are under the age of eighteen (18);
- take any action that would undermine the Sites and Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Sites and Services, other user accounts, or other computer systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services;
- use the Sites and Services in any way that could interfere with the rights of J4G or the rights of other users of the Sites and Services;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Sites and Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services or to any server used by J4G by hacking, password ‘mining’ or any other illegitimate or unauthorized means, including attempting to obtain password, account, or any other personal or private information from any other Sites and Services user;
- transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that is likely or intended to damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services;
- access, download, monitor, or copy any information contained on our Sites and Services through artificial means (including but not limited to use any ‘deep-link’, ‘scraper’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’ or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent automatic or manual process), or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sites and Services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any Content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Sites and Services; or
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services, nor breach the security or authentication measures on or of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Sites and Services, or any other member of J4G, including any J4G account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Sites and Services or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Sites and Services, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information, except as expressly authorized by J4G and provided for by the Sites and Services.
As a condition of submitting any Content or other materials to the Sites or Services, you agree that:
- you grant to J4G a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, merge, distribute, publicly display, create derivative works from, incorporate such Content into other works;
- you grant to J4G all rights necessary to publish or refrain from publishing your name in connection with your Content; sublicense through multiple tiers the Content, and acknowledge that this license cannot be terminated by you once your Content is submitted to the Sites and Services;
- you grant to J4G all rights necessary to prohibit the subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, distribution, or exploitation of your Content by any other party;
- You will not submit any reviews or blog entries that are copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content;
- your name and report information may be made available to the public and to the businesses on which you review;
- you are solely responsible for your reviews, blog entries and your account and the activity that occurs while signed into or while using your account;
- J4G may, in its sole discretion, choose to remove or not to remove reviews or blog entries once published;
- you will not submit any reviews or make any blog entries that may be considered by J4G to be infringing, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, profane, hateful, offensive, harmful, vulgar, distasteful, defamatory, or otherwise violates any relevant law or right of any other party, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- all of your reviews and blog entries will either be based upon your actual first-hand experiences with the businesses you are reviewing or topic of blogging;
- all of your reviews of the businesses will be accurate, honest, truthful, and complete in all respects;
- you do not work for, own any interest in or serve on the board of directors of, any of the businesses for which you submit reviews; you are not in any way related (by blood, adoption or marriage, if the business is an individual) to any of the businesses for which you submit reviews or ratings;
- you have not received any form of compensation to post reviews or submit blog entries;
- you will submit thorough and thoughtful reviews of the businesses you review;
- you will not submit reviews that comment on other members or the reviews of other members;
- the reviews and blog entries that you provide do not reflect the views of J4G, its officers, managers, owners, employees, agents, designees or other users.
Ownership of Site and Services
Just 4 GirlFriends, LLC, J4G, and other Sites and Services graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are the trademarks or trade dress of J4G. These trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, keyword advertisements, or email addresses, or in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
You should assume all Content and material made available on the Sites and Services is protect by copyright law. Aside from user-submitted Content, all other materials and other information on the Sites and Services, including, but not limited to, all text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio and video clips, downloads, data compilations and software are the exclusive property of J4G and/or its licensors and are protected by all United States copyright laws. The provision of the Site and Services does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to the intellectual property rights. We reserve all rights not granted in this Agreement.
Members of J4G are required to create an account to use or access certain parts of the Sites and Services and use certain products and features. We may require that you provide login information such as a username and password to access and utilize your account. As a condition of your use of the Sites and Service, you agree to (a) provide J4G with true, accurate, current and complete information as prompted by the J4G membership forms, when joining J4G and (b) update and maintain the truthfulness, accuracy and completeness of such information. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password or other account information not generally available to others and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password.
If you provide us any feedback or suggestions regarding the Site or Services (“Feedback”), you assign to us all rights in the Feedback and agree that we will have the right to use the Feedback and related information in any manner we deem appropriate. We will treat any Feedback you provide to us as non-confidential and nonproprietary. You agree that you will not submit to us any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
Links to Other Web Sites
As a convenience to you, this Site may provide links to other web sites, including but not limited to J4G discount partners or sponsors. The inclusion of any such link does not imply any type of endorsement by J4G of the linked site (or company), its operators or any of the content, advertising, information, links, products, services or other material available on or through such sites. J4G has no control over the linked sites and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, information, links, products, services or other materials available on such sites. J4G is not responsible for the privacy practices of these linked sites. J4G shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any such content, advertising, information, links, products, services or other material available on or through any such linked site or Site resource. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.
Links to J4G Site or Services.
You are permitted to link to our Site or Services for noncommercial purposes, provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation. You may not link to our Site in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part without our express written consent. You may not deep-link to any page of this site for any purpose whatsoever unless the link is expressly authorized in writing by us. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, Title 17 of the United States Code, Section 512 (“DMCA”), J4G will respond promptly to claims of copyright or trademark infringement that are reported to the agent that we have designated to receive notifications of claims infringement (its “Designated Agent”). Our Designated Agent is:
Angelique David Richmond
If You are a copyright or trademark owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or trademark owner) and believe that Your work’s copyright or trademark has been infringed, please report Your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work or trademark claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works or trademarks at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which You may be contacted;
- a statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
J4G will investigate notices of copyright and trademark infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
Warranties and Disclaimers
You acknowledge that J4G has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which members gain access to or use the Sites and Services; what effects the content on or in connection with the Sites and Services may have on you; how you may interpret or use the content on or in connection with the Sites and Services or its discount partners or sponsors services; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the content on or in connection with the Sites and Services. You release J4G from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired content or information through the Sites and Services or used the services or products of J4G’s discount partners or sponsors. The Sites and Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. J4G makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services, and J4G will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services. J4G makes no guarantee or warranty, express or implied, as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information and assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions therein.
YOU ACCESS AND USE THE SITES AND SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN ‘AS IS, AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. NEITHER J4G NOR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS RESULTING FROM USE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITES AND SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OR DAMAGE TO DATA, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS DISCLAIMER IS APPLICABLE TO ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY RESULTING FROM NEGLIGENCE OR OMISSION OF J4G, COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER SIMILAR ITEM, TELECOMMUNICATIONS ERRORS, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR USE OF USER INFORMATION THROUGH THEFT OR ANY OTHER MEANS. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR CRIMINAL, TORTUOUS, OR NEGLIGENT ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES THAT AFFECT THE SITES AND SERVICES. IN NO EVENT WILL J4G OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, ASSIGNS OR THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY TORTUOUS OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS. IN NO EVENT WILL J4G OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR ASSIGNS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT, HARDWARE OR OTHER PROPERTY OF USER OR PERSONAL INJURY THAT ARISES IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES.
ANY MATERIAL ACCESSED, DOWNLOADED, OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITES AND SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM J4G OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THE TERMS, J4G DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT (I) THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITES AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME WE MAY REMOVE THE SERVICE FOR INDEFINITE PERIODS OF TIME, OR CANCEL THE SERVICE AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, J4G’s LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
J4G SHALL USE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROTECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, BUT YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, AND J4G HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR LIABILITY RELATING TO SUCH INFORMATION IN ANY WAY.
J4G has no control over and no duty to take any action regarding: other members behavior; what effects Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to Content. You release J4G from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Sites and Services. J4G makes no representations concerning any Content, including the accuracy thereof, contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services, and J4G will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Sites and Services.
Limitation of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT J4G WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF J4G HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) (COLLECTIVELY, “DAMAGES”), RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (B) THE COST OF ANY GOODS AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE; (C) DISCLOSURE OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT; (D) CONTENT YOU SUBMIT, RECEIVE, ACCESS, TRANSMIT OR OTHERWISE CONVEY THROUGH THE SERVICE; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE; (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE; (G) ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY J4G OR THE FAILURE OF J4G TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR (H) ANY OTHER DEALINGS OR INTERACTIONS YOU HAVE WITH ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS (OR ANY OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS). THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to You.
You understand and agree that Your unlimited access to the Content on the Website represents a substantial portion of the value You receive from Your J4G Membership Fee. THEREFORE, TO THE EXTENT J4G IS FOUND LIABLE FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICE, J4G’S LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES WILL NOT EXCEED THE EQUIVALENT OF ONE (1) MONTH OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE (I.E., THE AMOUNT OF YOUR ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE DIVIDED BY TWELVE).
- If you use computer programming routines that are intended to aggregate records or reports from the Sites and Services or otherwise damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services, you agree to pay One Hundred Dollars ($100) for each report or record that is aggregated, disrupted, damaged or otherwise affected by you.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW CLAIMS YOU AND J4G HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED.
You and J4G agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise between us relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of our Terms of Service Agreement, your use of or access to the Site or Services, or any products or services sold or purchased through the Services, will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes Section.
Choice of Law. This Agreement is made under and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction.
Agreement to Arbitrate. You and J4G each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and J4G relating in any way to or arising out of this or previous versions of the Terms of Service Agreement, your use of or access to J4G’s Services, or any products or services sold, offered, or purchased through our Site or Services will be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court. Alternatively, you may assert your claims in small claims court in Cook County, Illinois, if your claims qualify and so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement to Arbitrate.
The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS Arbitration (“JAMS”) under its applicable rules and procedures, as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. The arbitration will be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes.
Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator and not a judge or jury. You understand that arbitration procedures can be more limited than rules applicable in court. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to very limited review in court.
You and we must abide by the following rules: (a) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR US MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (b) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF, (c) the arbitrator will honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (d) the arbitration will be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award; (e) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (f) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded will be determined by the applicable law.